Galaxy Fixation Gemini
The Galaxy Fixation Gemini™ System is a modular external fixation system for fracture treatments of lower and upper limbs. The Galaxy Fixation Gemini System can be used as a hybrid system in conjunction with Orthofix circular external fixators.
- Universal clamps can connect different diameters of bone screws (4, 6 mm) and rods (6, 9, 12 mm)
- Markers on clamp slots easily identify rod and pin diameter for each clamp slot
- Single clamps can perform rod-to-rod coupling and pin-to-rod coupling reducing fixator application time
- Makes it easier to select the proper component during surgery
- Snap-in mechanism for pins and rods enhances ease of use of the fixator, reducing time for frame assembly
- Hand-tightening pre-closure mechanism simplifies intraoperative reduction adjustment, allows for fast frame assembly, and no need for instruments for primary frame stabilization
- Wrench definitive tightening mechanism provides stability for the frame after final closure
- In ready-to-use sterile kits suitable for DCO management. All in one tray – implants and instrumentation
Galaxy Fixation Gemini System is designed as an external fixator for definitive treatment of long bone fractures. If the reduction is successful, the patient won’t need a second surgery.
Bone screw diameters and inter-axis (in multipin clamps) are compatible with other Orthofix external fixators for definitive treatment conversion.
Single clamps can perform rod-to-rod coupling and pin-to-rod coupling, decreasing the number of components. This helps surgeons and nurses easily identify the components they need for creating a specific frame.
Initial hand-tightening pre-closure mechanism also allows frame manipulation without using any instruments, while performing reduction maneuvers and X-rays intraoperative controls.
Initial hand-tightening pre-closure mechanism allows the surgeon to perform intraoperative controls without holding the frame during X-ray scan, which helps in potentially limiting the surgeon’s X-ray exposure during fixator application.
Compared with the Galaxy Fixation™ System, the closure mechanism has been modified to feature a bigger, knurled knob for easier hand tightening and double side arrows for easier wrench tightening.