Intramedullary limb-lengthening system
The Fitbone™ intramedullary limb-lengthening system was developed in partnership with Dr. Rainer Baumgart, a world-famous specialist for intramedullary lengthening with more than 300 operations using this device and the most experienced surgeon in this field.
The product was launched in 1997. Since then, this innovative treatment concept has grown into a global success story with several thousand successful implants. The Fitbone TAA intramedullary lengthening system is intended for limb lengthening of the femur and tibia. With appropriate preoperative planning, it is possible to make axial and torsional corrections as part of limb lengthening.
The Fitbone intramedullary limb-lengthening system is also compatible with the OrthoNext™ digital platform. The OrthoNext software features a reverse planning method module that simulates the target position, osteotomy level and blocking screw placement — enabling a more accurate preoperative assessment, optimized inventory sent to the OR, and, above all, optimized limb correction.
- Instruments designed not only for lengthening but for optimal limb alignment
- Protection of soft-tissues with minimally-invasive instrumentation
- Safe alignment assessment and blocking screw placement with dummy (trial) nail
- Reliable power direct to the nail
- High distraction force independent of nail size
- No soft-tissue limitations
- Power transferred to the nail with small portable Control Set
- No magnets within the control set
- Bone is reamed to exactly fit the implant (step reamer)
- No over-reaming necessary, therefore, it is a bone-conserving procedure